1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 Bay leaves
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 red cabbage
1 teaspoon of demerara sugar/honey
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
500ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add bay leaves and cloves
2. Stir for 1 minute, add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add red cabbage, apples, sugar and cider vinegar, stir, cover and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until apples soften.
4. Add vegetable stock, salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer to a casserole dish, fit lid and pop in oven for 1 hour.